Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Craig Huegel's Monday Morning Show Top CD's of 2012

From Craig Huegel, Monday Morning Show, WMNF, Tampa FL:

Each year, I do my own Best of 2012 list. These are my favorite CD's of the year before - not necessarily the industry standards. To make my list, the work must be original music with no or very few covers. The CD's cannot be compilations. I shy away from the really large labels and try to give credit for independent work that is truly creative. I played from this list on my show today. There were other wonderful CD's I would have picked had I gone to a slightly longer list: Darryl Purpose - Next Time Around and Lucy Kaplansky - Reunion would have made this list, for example. Here's My Top 10:

1. Honey Dewdrops - Silver Lining
2. Chris Trapper - The Few & The Far Between - Starlit Records
3. Caitlin Canty - Golden Hour
4. Nels Andrews - Scrimshaw
5. Rose Cousins - We Have Made A Spark
6. Anais Mitchell - Young Man In America - Wilderland Records
7. Ben Bedford - What We Lost - Waterbug Records
8. Caroline Herring - Camilla - Signature Sounds
9. MaMuse - Integration Of The Awkward
10. Jory Nash - Little Pilgrim - Thin Man Records

If any of these releases are unfamiliar to you, I would urge you to check them out. It was a tough choice this year, but these are the ones I listened to most on my own time for my own pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment