Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Remembering Terence Martin

Terence Martin passed on this day in 2011. His exquisite musical works live on:


"Remembering Terence Martin, A Gifted Singer-Songwriter"

Here is one of his most beguiling creations:

"where is the life the life we might have led 
it started on the corner where we never met 
I nearly turned to you you nearly turned to me 
at the intersection of what is and what could be 

what would have happened we'll never know 
that's the way it didn't go 

I saw a child who might have had our name 
he passed me in a crowd just the other day 
he spoke some words but none of them were clear 
our shadows nearly touched as he disappeared  

did he have your eyes? I'll never know 
that's the way it didn't go 

Ii'm not myself today & you're not who you are 
we're one lane over riding in that car 
they read a map but they don't recognize the road 
and if they think about us they don't let it show 

where did they turn? we'll never know 
that's the way it didn't go 

the door you didn't walk through 
the girl you didn't talk to 
the light you didn't run that day 
the call you didn't answer 
the unrequited dancer 
you met her glance and turned away 

put it down lightly you know how things can break 
I can't forget the love we didn't make 
the sun that didn't rise through 
the window that's not there 
the way it didn't fall 
on your face and on your hair 

what did you dream? I'll never know 
that's the way it didn't go 

what might have been? we'll never know 
that's the way it didn't go"

No comments:

Post a Comment